Wednesday, February 10, 2010

My Creative Space: pint-sized dressmaking

Mini clothing indeed! - as my lovely (and soon to be wed - yippee!) friend Alissa pointed out. This here is my first attempt at sewing reeeeeealllyyyy teeny tiny clothing for Clementine, my first Blythe doll.
I made a little polka dot Empire Dress for her. It is a free sewing pattern from Puchi Collective. I stuffed up the pattern and sewed the bodice to itself at one point, but unlike the frustrations of incorrectly sewn human-sized clothes I just threw the ruined 4x5cm piece of fabric in the bin and started again - no seam ripper involved!
:
I liked the challenge of working with teeny stitches. There was definitely a need for getting things a bit more precise than usual. I think I might add a white lace ribbon trim which peeks out from the skirt hem. Just to pretty it up a bit.
Perhaps the All Spruced Up dress next ....?? Head over to Kristy's place at kotooyoo to see some human sized creations.

7 comments:

  1. Clementine is beautiful and love the frock, can't go past polka dots.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Trace, she is more gorgeous than I ever imagined. It seems she is on the opposite end of the size scale than my doll obsession. I think the All Spruced Up dress looks extremely cute! Great purchasing my dear :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love her dress. She's looking very stylish.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You'll be getting commissions from fairies next...

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's a really cute dress! I want a big one for me!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Clementine is really cute - red suits her, it does!

    Psst.... http://punkysmamma.blogspot.com/2010/02/my-place-and-yours_12.html

    ReplyDelete