A few things I have learnt over the past 4 weeks:
- Going a week beyond due date was not comfortable and I do not wish it upon anybody!
- Giving birth naturally is something I almost have no words for. I feel such an overwhelming sense of achievement whenever I think about those 7 and a 1/2 hours.
- I feel very lucky that labour passed quickly and without any complications or drugs - we did not plan this and still cannot believe I did it on my own.
- Being a teacher to up to 18 primary school aged ESL students did NOT nearly prepare me for life with a newborn. Yes she is totally amazing, perfect and I am utterly smitten ...but boy it is hard work.
- My confidence as a first time mummy is growing daily, and I couldn't be happier to put the emotional whirlwind that was the first fortnight behind me.
- Eve is one lucky little lady to have such a confident and fun daddy, and I am so grateful for his ability and willingness to parent our daughter as an 'equal' alongside me ♥♥
- Watching Eve's content milk-drunk face and listening to her gurgling coos makes for the BEST kind of entertainment. Thank goodness we have a Magic TV box and we record all our fav shows, as we find ourself realising entire fave tv episodes have finished without us really having any idea what happened.
- The love I have for our Evie Bear is undeniably the best type in the world!
She's stirring after her morning sleep, better go get her bottle ready.