Saturday, April 13, 2013
Saturday, March 23, 2013
Sunday, March 3, 2013
Sunday, February 24, 2013
Sunday, February 17, 2013
Wednesday, February 13, 2013
Dad is home, bubble toes & red wool.
I have been crocheting again, and it feels wonderful! I have missed making things with a little metal hook. Tiny hats and scarf sets are being made for the handmade dolls I sew and sell on Facebook (Peas & Beans handmade dolls if you are a curious soul). Eve chases balls of wool about the floor, trying to slither towards them with the most divine messy coordination.
Bit late this week - see more over at Ché and Fidel: 6/52.
Monday, February 4, 2013
Tuesday, January 29, 2013
In search of a dropped block at breakfast time.
The week of pushing ones tiny self along the floor backwards, saying 'Mamamama', 'Dadadada', 'Babababa' and 'Yeeeh!', finally eating her toes, laughing randomly at blank walls and eating an entire nectarine.
More 4th week photos at Ché and Fidel.
Monday, January 21, 2013
Chubby hand dimples.
This week a facial portrait wouldn't cut it. This week these beautiful little hands were so busy feeling every possible texture in reach, transferring toys from one hand to another and banging two blocks together repeatedly to make noise. I love how surprised yet pleased with herself she looks at each loud sound she makes. Everything is so new. So much to learn!
Sunday, January 13, 2013
Nom Nom Nom.
I couldn't stop at one this week, I suspected this would happen. My goal was to capture Eve's milestones, thus I couldn't exclude the b&w photos - she is now sitting unassisted (with the odd fall) and exploring blocks with surprising intensity. I love watching her tiny fingers figure out how to flick toys towards her, pincer grasp them up and shove them into her mouth!
See more weekly portraits at Che&Fidel.
Sunday, January 6, 2013
Eve and her post rusk aftermath in dappled sunlight (6 months).
With just 15 minutes to go before my personally set deadline, I am joining in with lots of other snap happy parents over at che&fidel. Gah I love me a good bloggy meme - it has been quite sometime.
Friday, January 4, 2013
I am committing to this project.
Every week in 2013 I will take silly amounts of photos of my sweet daughter Eve and select one which shows her current personality the best. I don't doubt that there may be two photos some weeks ;)
I will practice my DSLR skills.
I will learn about the light in my home.
I will practice shooting in Manual mode and not just in my beloved go-to Av mode.
I will try my best to capture natural moments.
I will aim to capture the small things which are so big to kids.
I'll be posting the first of my portraits on Sunday January the 8th eeeeeeeeeek! I'd better get snappin'
Monday, August 6, 2012
A few things I have learnt over the past 4 weeks:
- Going a week beyond due date was not comfortable and I do not wish it upon anybody!
- Giving birth naturally is something I almost have no words for. I feel such an overwhelming sense of achievement whenever I think about those 7 and a 1/2 hours.
- I feel very lucky that labour passed quickly and without any complications or drugs - we did not plan this and still cannot believe I did it on my own.
- Being a teacher to up to 18 primary school aged ESL students did NOT nearly prepare me for life with a newborn. Yes she is totally amazing, perfect and I am utterly smitten ...but boy it is hard work.
- My confidence as a first time mummy is growing daily, and I couldn't be happier to put the emotional whirlwind that was the first fortnight behind me.
- Eve is one lucky little lady to have such a confident and fun daddy, and I am so grateful for his ability and willingness to parent our daughter as an 'equal' alongside me ♥♥
- Watching Eve's content milk-drunk face and listening to her gurgling coos makes for the BEST kind of entertainment. Thank goodness we have a Magic TV box and we record all our fav shows, as we find ourself realising entire fave tv episodes have finished without us really having any idea what happened.
- The love I have for our Evie Bear is undeniably the best type in the world!
She's stirring after her morning sleep, better go get her bottle ready.
Sunday, July 1, 2012
It was mighty hard to restrain myself from going out and buying a Boppy pillow but... I am glad I did as this project has kept me busy during week 39 of pregnancy. It's been an absolute shite week to put it mildly. Mostly I'm just not sleeping properly, fun hormones raging, crazy heartburn and reflux lingers without breaks and not knowing when she could make her arrival (will it be today? tomorrow? in 14 days?) ready for our little peanut to arrive. Following such moments of complete ICK! I'm trying to stay positive and be crafty.
I have sewn an internal pillow and two covers using this cover pattern from A Load of Craft. It's a fairly straight forward pattern. I made sure the internal pillow itself had no zip and sewed the edge using a 1" seam allowance, instead of the 1/4" suggested, making it slightly smaller than the covers.
This patchwork cover is my favourite I think. Fabric charm pack 'Oh Deer!' by Moda and the backing is a snuggly minky in cream from Spotlight.
Very impressed by Spotlight's fabric range these days. The woodland print is a thick cotton drill with brown minky backing.
Your pillow is ready, so come on baby!!!