Wednesday, May 26, 2010

My Creative Space

I did a little bit of sewing a while back and promised to show the finished product 'in a week or so'.... errrr one week turned into two, which then turned into three... and finally now in the 4th week I'm sharing it!

A gorgeous (but overpriced!) polka-dot jacket found in MYER inspired me to make one for my super special friend's 7 month old.


Being thrifty in my young age and not having a jacket pattern in easy reach I googled free baby jacket printable pattern, found voor nop owned by Suzy and chose to make the hooded cardigan. I then measured and enlarged the.jpg image on Publisher (whilst having no real idea what I was doing might I add) and printed off the pattern which needed tiling (an hour effort just in itself!).


Next I got all excited and cut out my pattern pieces then realised there were NO instructions online. So I winged the entire thing... well sans one concerned email to Suzy who was helpful and encouraging!

I feel surprised by the cuteness, softness and rather good quality of the completed jacket. But the best thing is that IT FITS the cute little chicken I made it for. YAY!!!

Do head over to kootoyoo's for more creativity and niceness x

15 comments:

  1. Ooh I love the toggles! Great choice of fastener. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's gorgeous, you've done a beautiful job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't believe you made that, it looks so professional.
    PS: Did I tell you that I have not been able to work my sewing machine since you left. It is doing some strange catching, crappo thing (it did it once when you were here but you fixed it) and I don't know what to do, it's beyond my sewing machine skills (or lack there of) so I haven't even been able to finish my cushions.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Much better than an overpriced bought one! You are so clever it's absolutely gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is truly gorgeous, can you make one in my size?

    ReplyDelete
  6. ...and we love it!!! What huge effort you put in and it looks amazing. Claudia and I say thanks!!! PS. I just spotted her wearing it in my blog picture on the right hand side in you "I heart" list hehehe. Clever girl Trace and a great friend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is so cute. If I am partial to a dot print, it is a lovely red and white one!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Tracey that looks amazing and so similar to my ones tonight! I love the toggle too! Going to go into business now????

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the dotty jacket - I'm sure it looks wonderful on the small person.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my goodness, how cute did that turn out? Worth waiting to see I'd say.

    ReplyDelete
  11. It's super adorable...great job!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow that is brilliant. I can't believe that you winged it.

    ReplyDelete
  13. You did an amazing job, with no instructions too. Adorable

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love that polka dot fabric! Beautifully done...

    ReplyDelete
  15. it looks totally worth the effort ... you did a fantastic job of colour choices and style.

    My Creative Space

    ReplyDelete