Last weekend I used my new free-motion quilting foot for the first time... and boy it was a work out! My upper arms and shoulders were aching after just a few hours behind the machine. I am SUPER pleased with the result, and am already thinking about future quilts .... hmmm. I'm glad I took the leap and didn't persist with straight lines, which wasn't working for the thickness of the quilt batting... but shhh honestly I am sure it's my lack of skill to sew in straight lines hehe
The front of the quilt is made from various vintage sheets from Ange's Ramblings swap which I participated in 2010.
The back is a mis-mash of white, peach and yellow floral fabric...
... plus a little snippet of vintage lace for good measure. I left the embroidery floss ties throughout the quilt, as they were too cute to remove.
I tried out a wiggly bobbly sewing pattern suggested over here in Oh, Fransson's Free Motion Quilting Tutorial, and also followed her plan as to where to begin free-motion sewing on such a large sized quilt, also VERY helpful. It took exactly 4 full bobbin changes, which I had prepared before beginning to reduce stopping and starting too much. Incase you were wondering, I stuffed up alot..
Yes, I quilted myself into a squiggly corner many times.
Yes, I swore a bit.
Yes, you can see where i sped up too quickly, slowed down too slowly and created ridiculous non-curved pointed shapes frequently.
Yes, I saw the great people of We Massage the following day hehe.
More creativity over here.