Sunday, March 28, 2010

flea market finds

Hello again lovely meme. Yesterday I thrifted and I found....
...two retro floral print pillow cases for 20c each, which joined my collection , some of which smelt a little nanna-ish so they all had a wash and dried in the sun, which then got drenched in last nights rain. I have plans for these babies... a summer patch work quilt cover perhaps...? ...three wooden wool spools. I have some ideas for these too!
And the piece de resistance.... yet another crochet blanket I head you say. But... this one was so pretty. and lightweight. and just $5. and well-made it was. See - I did need another one hehe. Do you talk yourself into buying things too?
Do go see other thrifted goodies over at Her Library Adventures.

7 comments:

  1. OMG I love those pillowcases, you lucky duck! ...and that blanket mmmm, lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I completely talk myself into "needing" things but who can resist when they are such a bargain. You have shopped well, the pillowcases are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would have grabbed all of those things as well! We have so many blankets and I tell my husband that we will need them when Cohen is older and having his friends sleep over - even though he is only one now. I wonder how long I will keep getting away with that? :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. just gorgeous. I especially love the olive-y greeny pillowcase fabric.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh wow what lovely floral fabrics! I am sooo jealous. I would love them for my stash. I have 2 single bed sheets in the same pattern as the one on the very far left of the top photo. http://spunkeestuff.blogspot.com/2010/03/op-shop-treasures_14.html
    That blanket is a great find too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE the fabrics! And we have so many crocheted blankets. We have two huge ones that live in the camper van to keep us snug at night and oodles more in the house - I would always buy more though if I see them.

    ReplyDelete
  7. those fabrics are delightful. i've been finding a few myself but nowhere near as good as your collection.

    ReplyDelete