Saturday, October 23, 2010

bokeh rather

Okay, so I made up the word sunspots to describe circular background blur... thank you for putting me onto the correct terminology Mel and Catherine... bokeh. I have been doing my research this morning while the house is Boy-less and I was a tad bored. After watching countless beautiful bokeh youtube vids and reading tutorials I proceeded to dig up The Boy's digital SLR Pentax istDL (just pointing out that this means nothing to me at present) and... we.are.in.LOVE!

My golly, why didn't I play with this camera earlier? To be frank - I was always too scared of the Av, Tv, aperture, depth of field, M buttons and dials that I refused to go near it. But now... bokeh has inspired me through and through. We are going to get to know each other real well!

I have been a bit uninterested with crochet of late (craft mojo very low), so I am thrilled to have something capture my enthusiasm. Is it crazy that my heart was beating quicker than normal while I was taking photos with the camera this morning?




 I'll try some night and evening shots next.  xx

3 comments:

  1. Uh oh, he's going to have to fight you to get that camera back! Do I dare mention that I've seen lenses that make heart shaped bokeh? ;)
    I think my craft mojo is in transition. It is time to put away the yarn and hooks/needles and time to bring out the fabric and sewing machine, but my mind just wont let go of the yarn craft.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh those photos are lovely!! :)

    Have fun with the camera.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love bokeh, I've got a borrowed DSLR at the moment but the lense doesn't really have a low enough f stop (big enough aperture) to catch it. Or maybe it's just me, what f stop did you get these at?

    ReplyDelete