Thursday, October 21, 2010

sunspots

Now I am SURE I am not the only one to love those little circular coloured discs which appear (infrequently!) in photos when the lens is pointed towards the light and just beside a shadow.

I have always loved the effect these have and find myself forever trying to 'catch' them with my point and shoot camera. But I generally don't succeed. This afternoon however, as I have been doing almost each day this week because of this weather (27 today... Hurrah!), I took my camera out into the garden with a cuppa, sat down, found some shadowy sections with the sun behind and 'caught' the most I have ever been able to get in my life!

I hope you enjoy the onslaught hehe xx





3 comments:

  1. Magnificent. The flower pic is spectacular. Yay for spring!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that is called bokeh? I have a few photographer friends who post endless amounts of pictures on Flickr, trying to capture those spots in different shapes (sometimes with fancy lenses too.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. well done on the bokeh! i love the effect too...& your swing! I have just recently watched Bright Star...the loveliest romantic movie & there is the best swing ever hung from an old oak tree..it is an old chair with the legs cut off ; 0 I sooo want one now! Love to borrow your "bebotheredness" if I may..cute!! Much love Catherine

    ReplyDelete