I have been putting off sewing 6 cushion covers for our new couch for 5 weeks - and finally in the final week of school holidays it was time. There was to be NO more procrastination! I used fabrics from IKEA (PS screen printed spots), Umbrella Prints (sweet teal elephants), natural seeded cotton drill and ruby red linen ($2.00 a meter from Spotlight - woot!). I decided that those gorgeous white spots on the IKEA fabric would be too spread too far apart so I pinned two random pleats at intervals and sewed along
I watched this (whilst being impressed by a male sewing) and read this to learn the quickest and most practical way to sew in a zipper... and when I manage to buy the correct invisible zippers next time I will be sure to read this.
I am feeling pretty chuffed with myself, and The Boy even approves.. and LIKES!.. which doesn't happen often.
In a few days I will post some photos of our lounge room re-decorate, with spiffy new cushions in tow. Do pop back to Kristy's to see more making!