Sunday, June 26, 2011

knit purl knit


It's cold here in Adelaide. So after considering getting back my crochet-groove then wishing I could get better at knitting, the pointed needles won the battle. Ravelry and I quickly re-aquainted ourselves, as did youtube (thanks to some nice tutorials on how to use dpns and circular needles). I am really enjoying making the Offset Wraplan baby cardie. I even mustered up the courage to include some random patterning. It's lovely to have something to do while watching tv at night.



I have been mucking around with photoshop while trying not to feel too overwhelmed by the craziness of the program. Just zooming in and out and opening files initially did my head in, as my mac took some getting used to. Now that I'm better at that, this morning Refining Edges was my goal. Result above is satisfactory but I need to practise some more. Perhaps a TAFE course in Photoshop...?

3 comments:

  1. i love it tracey! how did you do that last photo????

    ReplyDelete
  2. I watch a lot more telly now that I am a compulsive knitter. I used to sew and listen to music. I just can't watch my foreign films very readily as I can't knit and read the screen at the same time lol.

    I just can't find the motivation to fiddle with photos. I should though. Some day...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love to knit but much prefer the speed of the hook :)

    Loving that shade of yellow...it's my favourite colour at the moment.

    x

    ReplyDelete