Saturday, October 3, 2009

A quilt in the making...

Last month I posted about my patchwork cushion problems. I just couldn't adjust to the colours - they didn't grow on me as some proposed and I hoped. What to do? What to do?

I've wanted to make a nice quilt for a long time now, a practical one the family would use and their family, and their family... plus I really needed to use up piles of collected fabric. It's taken hours and hours over the past 2 weeks and I have been absolutely LOVING every minute of the learning process (All hail YouTube quilt godesses and a multitude of awesome bloggy quilters) will post inspiration soon. x

The sewing and ironing stage (I was not aware how many hours of ironing would be required).
The "quilt sandwich" and first round of diagonal top stitching.

And tonight while completing the top stitched diamond pattern - the bunny-kitten Lucy decided it would be a great snuggly thing to sit on while spending time with mum. How could I move her? So I gave her an alternative ...

... and she gladly accepted. X

3 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness - that quilt is amazing! One day I would like to make something similar but my stash needs some work first

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sensational quilting... keep up the good work :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's fantastic! It's so neat too! You must have a lot more patience than me :)

    ReplyDelete