Sunday, August 15, 2010

Nesting


Last week mum and dad visited Oma in Melbourne and bought back Burda books from the 80's (hilarious) and yummy wool. Oma had discovered even more delicious wool for me. It's official she's got an unlimited supply of it, and now stricken with arthritis she cannot put it all to good use. It always feels special when I put the wool to good use that she bought and intended to make something for someone. For all those green thin balls I really want to stretch my crochet skills to do something lacy and scarfy.


My pile of fifty-six 10.5" vintage sheet squares are staring at me hopefully each day.  


Last night during a mega Gilmore Girl-a-thon (lasting till the 2am hour of the morn) I begun crocheting 100 knitted squares together, which I started planning ....oh, months ago! So far all horizontal squares are together. Next the vertical strips, then a simple border.


I drew this girl last week with beloved Indian ink and metal quill. I have ideas brewing for drawings of boys, foxes and some fabric designs. Time - where art thou'?

x

ps: my Bento Challenge begins tomorrow!!! :)

pss: 6:30am?!

5 comments:

  1. Ooh, everything looks gooooooood, can't wait to see your finished blanket, that little taste is lovely!

    Can't wait to see how you go with your Bento Challenge, I looooooooooove the idea, you might inspire me.... *chuckles in self-denial*

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE that drawing!
    Love, love, love, love!
    We finished GGirls on Saturday and I bawled my eyes out.
    Enjoy it while it lasts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooooh all those photos are just so beautiful - just looking at them is inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That pile of sheet squares in inspiring.
    I miss the days of having not seen every Gilmore Girls episode, staying up until 2am to watch it is totally understandable.

    ReplyDelete